Based within the depot, this role includes the following key priorities:
- Answering main line phone and distributing calls accordingly.
- Assisting in greeting customers in person and on the telephone.
- Booking in workshop jobs.
- Using internal computer program (Dealer Management System (DMS)) to enter the time sheets for our engineers.
- Creating job cards and processing them on DMS.
- Organise staff holiday request forms and forward to head office.
- Helping to sort day to day jobs for engineers and planning ahead.
- Dealing with the complete process of horticultural machines from being taken in or collected to finalising invoices and arranging deliveries.
- Typing up job cards and finalising for payment on DMS.
- Use DMS to create “New Machine” (wholegoods) numbers for the sales department.
- Invoicing wholegoods to customers on DMS.
- Inputting purchase invoices for wholegoods and bonus credits received from Suppliers on DMS.
- Collecting receipts to back up the company credit card statements and forwarding to head office for posting.
- Forward paperwork to head office daily for processing.
- General administrative assistance to all departments at the depot as required.
- Good IT skills, including Word and preferably some knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and to a high degree of accuracy.
- An enthusiastic, organised and flexible individual who enjoys a varied role and can work well under pressure.
- A current driver’s licence would be preferable though not essential.
There may be times that you are asked to carry out tasks not shown in the job description above.
Due to the nature of this role some very occasional travelling may be required in order to carry out your responsibilities effectively. You are entitled to claim mileage at the prevailing rate for work related travel and claims should be submitted on an expenses form at least monthly.
Reports to: Aftersales Manager
Line Management Responsibilities: None
Location: Wilton Depot