We have exciting new opportunities for exceptional Aftersales Managers based at all C&O locations to lead the next phase of the continuing development of our aftersales provision. Over the past 24 months C&O has undergone a series of significant and progressive changes. We are continuing to grow and adapt to ensure we are in the best place to provide industry leading levels of support to our customers.
Reporting to the Aftersales Director, the Aftersales Manager will manage all aspects of the Parts and Service Departments in such a manner as to maximise the return on assets by optimising the depot Parts and Service profitability. With an ability to increase depot turnover by motivating all staff to be the best they can be the Aftersales Manager will provide high levels of support and follow-up to both internal and external customers.
This role includes the following key priorities:
- Development of business relationships with customers and production of a pipeline of future works
- Management and coordination of technical and administrative members of the Parts and Service teams :-
- Motivate and support all direct reports
- Formally evaluate individual staff performance on an annual basis
- Provide necessary training and development plan for each member of the team
- Overseeing service schedules and job allocation to maximise productive time and deliver exceptional customer service
- Collaborate with the Sales Manager to implement collective improvements to the departments designed to maximise mutual efficiency and profitability
- Assist the aftersales director in the setting and monthly management of annual departmental budgets designed to maximise department profitability & return on assets
- Achieve targets and report on monthly KPI’s working closely with the Parts and Service Managers, including :-
- Stock orders – look at current stock, ensure unnecessary stock is not reordered
- All new parts ordered have to have a bin location
- Parts stock turn of 4 (excluding aged stock which is handled separately)
- Parts stock order ratio
- Improve productivity and increase true recovery rate
- WIP average age 30 days, value over 30 days no greater than 25% of total.
- Instil and promote a culture of customer focused aftersales “correct part, correct repair first time every time”.
- Follow the correct warranty procedures specified by each manufacturer and provide accurate information to the warranty processing department
- Responsibility for showroom presentation, stocking and sales
- Maintain Parts and Service departments in a clean, tidy and well-organised manner
- Managing costs with a focus on minimising internal costs, through regular contact with the Sales Manager
- Implementation and audit of the department’s health and safety policies and risk management strategies
- Provide regular sharing of technical, process and company information
- Good mechanical knowledge and experience in the agricultural sector
- Proven man-management skills and ability to work with people at all levels
- Good IT skills, including Ibcos Gold, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good health and safety knowledge with experience of working within a guideline of risk assessments
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills and expertise to build and develop a team
- Work well under pressure
- A full driver’s licence is essential.
There may be times that you are asked to carry out tasks not shown in the job description above.
Due to the nature of this role some travelling may be required in order to carry out your responsibilities effectively. You are entitled to claim mileage at the prevailing rate for work related travel and claims should be submitted on an expenses form at least monthly.
Please include details of two references with your cover letter. References will not be contacted without your consent.
Reports to: Aftersales Director
Line Management Responsibilities: Parts and Service staff
Locations: Blandford/Wilton/Funtington/Isle of Wight