C&O TRACTORS – ALL DEPOTS
We are always eager to hear from enthusiastic Service Engineers looking to join our teams in Dorset, Wiltshire, Isle of Wight and West Sussex. C&O Service Engineers work on machinery from Massey Ferguson and our quality agricultural & construction machinery brands including Isuzu, Merlo, Kverneland, Shelbourne Reynolds, Teagle, Mzuri, Wacker Neuson, Honda, Can Am.
Reporting to the Workshop Foreman, as an Engineer you will be responsible for making sure machinery and equipment run smoothly and provide excellent customer service thereby maximising customer retention and increase profitability.
This role includes the following key priorities:
- Servicing and repairing machinery and equipment within a specified timescale, either in the workshop or during field visits. You could work on mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic or computerised systems
- Comprehend customers’ requirements and make appropriate recommendations
- Responding to machinery and equipment breakdowns
- Fixing faults or installing replacement parts
- Checking and calibrating instruments to make sure they are accurate
- Compliance with manufacturers’ service and warranty procedures
- Account for all hours worked using timesheet
- Produce timely and detailed job cards to provide a full explanation of work carried out
- Keep the Workshop Foreman informed of progress
- Keep up to date with competencies required for the role
- Build and maintain positive customer relationships and actively seek new business
- Maintain work area and company vehicle in a safe, tidy and professional manner, necessary to enhance productivity and efficiency
- Employees must act in accordance with the company Health & Safety Policy, Risk Assessments and Safe Working Practices
- Conduct weekly company vehicle service and maintenance checks
- Good mechanical knowledge and experience in the agricultural sector
- The ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- The ability to manage a varied workload
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- A commitment to keep up to date with new technology
- Good problem-solving skills
- The ability to work on your own or as part of a team
- An awareness of health and safety legislation
- A full, clean driver’s licence is essential.
There may be times that you are asked to carry out tasks not shown in the job description above.
Due to the nature of this role travelling is required in order to carry out your role effectively.
Reports to: Workshop Foreman
Line Management Responsibilities: None