About this Policy
Who are we?
C&O Tractors Ltd, (incorporating C&O Construction, C&O Garden Machinery, C&O Procurement and VUGOT) the data controller of this website. We are a UK private limited company with company number 3431352. Registered office C&O Tractors, Blandford Heights, Blandford, Dorset, DT11 7TF. We can be contacted by phone (+44(0)1258 451 221) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why this policy exists
- Complies with data protection law and follows good practice
- Protects the rights of staff, customers and partners
- Is open about how it stores and processes individuals’ data
- Protects itself from the risks of a data breach
This policy applies to all branches, staff, contractors, suppliers and other people working on behalf C&O Tractors Ltd. It applies to all data that the company holds relating to identifiable individuals, even if that information technically falls outside of the Data Protection Act 1998. This can include:
- Names of individuals
- Postal addresses
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Other information relating to individuals
What data we collect and why
|Type of data||Purposes/Use||Legal basis of processing|
|Invoice payers’ name, address, telephone number, email address||Processing your payment. Details are stored on IBCOS Gold.||Performing our contract with our customers. For the purpose of our legitimate interests.|
|Subscribers’ name and email address||Sending email newsletters. Data will be processed by MailChimp, our chosen email marketing service provider.||Consent. We will seek consent and make it clear at the point of data capture (and under “Email newsletter” section in this policy) how your data will be used.|
|Subscribers’ name and address||Sending out newsletters, invitations to events and promotional material.||Consent. We will seek consent and make it clear at the point of data capture how your data will be used.|
|Subscribers’ name and phone number||Contacting by phone or SMS to provide news about promotions and events.||Consent. We will seek consent and make it clear at the point of data capture how your data will be used.|
|Enquiries names, email and phone number||To respond to enquiries about our business.||Consent. Notifications on contact forms.|
|Job applications||To respond to job applicants.||Consent through website and when applications received by email.|
- We will never transfer your personal data outside the EU without prior consent with the exception of MailChimp and Google (see “Third parties” section)
- We have taken a number of steps to protect your personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorised access.
- For payments taken in store on credit cards we use the secure, recognised payment systems Global Payments and Barclaycard.
- We will never sell your personal data.
- We will not share your personal data with any third parties without your prior consent. However, we may need to pass your personal data to third parties for the purpose of fulfilling services you have requested (for example passing your details to manufacturers regarding warranty).
- We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data. Note: please be aware that we cannot guarantee that transferring information over the internet always be 100% secure.
How long do we keep your data?
- We will hold your personal data for as long as you are a C&O customer and for as long afterwards as it is in our legitimate interest to do so. This will generally be for up to 7 years.
- We review collected personal data bi-annually to establish whether we are still legally entitled to process and retain it.
- For payments completed via telephone, we will securely destroy your payment information as soon as we have used it to process your order.
Like almost all websites, we use Google Analytics (GA) to track how you interact with our website. This helps us understand how people find and use our website, allowing us to make changes to improve usability and user experience. GA stores data such as your location, device, internet browser and operating system. This does not enable us to identify you personally. Furthermore, GA record’s your device’s IP address. This could allow Google to personally identify you but we do not have access to this information. You can disable cookies on your internet browser to stop GA from tracking your usage of this site. We consider Google to be a third party data processor. See “Third Parties” section below.
This website enables you to sign up to our email newsletter. Any details you submit will be forwarded to our own Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (IBCOS Gold) and also MailChimp (who we use for email marketing services). If you choose to sign up to our email newsletter, your personal details will not be stored in a database on our own website or on any of our internal computer systems. Your personal details will remain within MailChimp until you request removal from the newsletter. We provide unsubscribe links in every email newsletter than we send to you. You can also request that we remove you by contacting us. If you would like your personal details to be removed from our own CRM systems, please contact us at email@example.com . We consider MailChimp to be a third party data processor. See “Third Parties” section below.
If you choose to contact us using any enquiry forms on our website, the data that you enter will be stored by this website.
External websites and social networks
This website is hosted by FAST2HOST within a UK data centre. All traffic handled by this website is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
We use third parties to provide services that are crucial to the management and growth of our business. These third parties process personal data on our behalf. We have carefully selected these third parties.
Ebay – Ebay automatically stores data of customers purchasing through our Ebay sites. https://ebay.co.uk
IBCOS Gold – Our accounting software and customer relationship management tool. https://www.ibcos.co.uk/
Google Analytics – Used to monitor activity on our website for the purpose of improving the experience of the user. https://analytics.google.com
MailChimp – Used to communicate promotions, events and other news to customers who have opted to receive it – https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
Paypal – Paypal automatically stores data of customers using Paypal to process payments through Ebay. https://www.paypal.com
WordPress – Used to create our website www.candotractors.com and log enquiries through our website, including job applications.
We will report any unlawful data breach of our own data or our third party’s data to all relevant people and authorities within 72 hours of the breach. Your rights Under GDPR, you have to right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- To be provided with information about how your personal data is processed and used by us
- To have your personal details corrected
- To have your personal data removed from our systems
- In certain circumstances have your personal data transferred to another business if required
- To object to how your personal data is processed
You are able to complain to the Information Commissioner if you feel we have unlawfully processed your personal data: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Updating your preferences
If at any time you would like to change how we are able to communicate with you please visit our preference centre which you will find a link to at the bottom of every marketing email we send to you. Alternatively you can contact us and we will be happy to discuss your current contact preferences and make any changes required;
- By email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone – 01258 451 221
- In writing – Marketing Coordinator, C&O Tractors, Blandford Heights, Blandford, Dorset, DT11 7TF